Art by Erika Taguchi-Newton

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Starting an Amigurumi Doll

Amigurumi - Head Part 2

Amigurumi - Starting a Head

Yes, I have managed to step away from the computer. But not for long... I'm starting an amigurumi doll that will reveal itself at a later time. The last one [link] I did was cotton, which started to get really worn from the handling. By the time I was done with it, it looked like it went through a wash. So this time I got acrylic for the wear-n-tear. Bernat Satin Sport to be exact. I think it looks pretty good for acrylic. And I like the tightness of the smaller gauge.

Like my handmade stitch marker? I'm too cheap to go buy them so I made them out of scrap beading materials.

Actually, the real reason for the post was to try out our new camera. Got the Canon Rebel XTi EOS! Digital! Love it!

1 comment:

Pink said...

OOOO exciting! What's it gonna be?? I wanna make an owl!