Art by Erika Taguchi-Newton

Monday, April 5, 2010

Tiki and Hugs

Last week was a busy one. Had 2 shows to attend, and they were super fun!

Amanda, as always, put on an awesome monthly art show at Howley's. This month's theme was "Art you can hug." The restaurant was full of cutie-pie plushies. I entered a Dawn Doll that I did the outfit for. I had so much fun creating this outfit, it has socks, removable shoes, underdress, and smocking!



And then off to Cocoa Village to Ossorio's, where Jacob Mcalister put on a great Tiki-themed show for the town's bi-annual Gallery Walk. I wish I was able to hang out a little longer, because I met some cool local artists. I loved talking shop and picking their brains about their technique.


You can see my hulagirls on the second shelf on the left of the photo.

No comments: