Art by Erika Taguchi-Newton

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Christmas Cards: Christmas Sprite for the Christmas Spirit!

UPDATE: All my Christmas cards are available at ravengirl.etsy.com.

I am now selling the Christmas Sprite cards on ImageKind.com. I got myself one to test for quality and it turned out very nice. They are available at ravengirl.imagekind.com.

This illustration was done for my personal cards last year. It is oil on canvas board. I know... canvas board?! The horrors! At the time, I wasn't really going to put that much effort into it. And all I had for oil was these boards that I bought maybe 10 years ago. I hated them so I only use them for color comping.

Here's my step-by-step:

Sketch:
Christmas Sprite Sketch

Day 1:
Christmas Sprite Day 1

Day 2:
Christmas Sprite Day 2

Day 2 (Close up):
Christmas Sprite Day 2 - Closeup

Day 3:
Christmas Sprite Day 3
(Sorry for the dark photo... bad light that day...)

Day 4:
Christmas Sprite
(Got rid of the pointy thingies...)

I guess it's time for me to start this year's card! Definitely not on canvas boards!!

3 comments:

Lina said...

The red on this is yummy! I love the step by step too, that's awesome to see your work in progress. I can't wait to see this year's card!

Flora said...

Your art is amazing!!! This one in particular is simply gorgeous!!!
blessings,Flora

Erika (Raven Girl) said...

Thank you, Flora! I love your dolls! I'm so tempted to get into dollmaking, but I don't think I have the patience.