Art by Erika Taguchi-Newton

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

huladollsquidgirl

I had so much fun doing the Rocketgirl painting that I was anxious to do another piece like it. Then I received a very exciting invitation to show some work at a Cocoa Village cafe during their bi-annual Gallery Walk. Unfortunately, I didn't have anything that would fit the retro islands theme. The deadline was pretty quick, but I thought I could try to pull off couple of 6x6 pieces. I'm glad I did because I'm very happy with these fun little paintings.

huladollsquidgirl
huladollsquidgirl Final

Steps:
WIP huladollsquidgirl - Step 1 WIP huladollsquidgirl - Step 2

huladollsquidgirllovestiki
huladollsquidgirllovestiki Final

Steps:
WIP huladollsquidgirllovestiki - Step 1 WIP huladollsquidgirllovestiki - Step 2

Hanging together:
huladollsquidgirls

8 comments:

Michael said...

She looks freakin' awesome - would make a great WP or hula girl for the car...

Erika (Raven Girl) said...

Thanks, Michael! I have some ideas too... :)

Brian McDonald said...

If you ever offer prints of these, I will take one of each. These are clearly painted with awesome. And paint, I imagine.

Erika (Raven Girl) said...

Thanks Brian! Yes I have plans for prints. I'll let you know.

Brian McDonald said...

Awesome. I talked you up in my latest blog post about awesome artists. You do fantastic work.

Erika (Raven Girl) said...

Oh wow, thank you! What's your blog?

Brian McDonald said...

My blog is called The Hellsquids International Input Junkie Experience. It's your basic pop culture noodling, albeit from my occasionally sideways way of looking at things. :)

http://hellsquidsintl.com/

The artists post is from 3/30.

Erika (Raven Girl) said...

Just want to announce that huladollsquidgirl prints are available for purchase! Please check it out - http://ravengirlsnest.blogspot.com/2010/04/huladollsquidgirls-wood-mounted-print.html